Saturday, September 09, 2006

I Love London

London has always been my favourite (notice the spelling?) city in the entire world. From my first visit back in 2000 until now, I have continued to fall deeper in love with this cosmopolitian metropolis.

I believe in Love at First Sight (re: G MacElwee) and I subscribe to the fact that you you really don't get a second chance to make a first impression. The point I am trying to make is that London is my kind of place and don't be surprised if I somehow manage to live here sometime in the near future.

So back to our trip to London.

It all started out with a fabulous flight from Washington DC to London Heathrow on United Airlines. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to business class, and honey, let me tell you that there are not better ways to jump the pond than sitting in the front of a Boeing 777. From the get-go, we were poppin the bubbly and wondering how our lives could get any better (my head is getting very big now!).

In my opinion, London is one of the few truly cosmopolitan cities (New York being another, but after 6 weeks of the Big Apple, I realized that I couldn't live there). London has a way of making me feel urban without all the hustle and bustle of a big US city. I'm not sure if it's the near-constant cloud cover or the open acceptance of social drinking, but London has cast her spell on me and I am her's for the taking!

Check out my picture album from our trip to London and hopefully you will understand why I love this city so.

London
Aug 29, 2006 - 28 Photos

1 comment:

Jared said...

I'm so J that you got Biz. Yami and I were coach roaches on BA.... and then there was Lion Air, JetStar Asia, and Air Asia which "you get what you pay for".

Nice to see you Blogging again. I was wondering what was going on with Laverne and Shirley.

xoxo, Jared