Tuesday, April 17, 2007

You Must Be This Tall To Ride This Ride

For the record: I love being tall. "Some people" say that I am height-ist, but then I have to remind them that I have a lot of shorter friends. In fact, I'd say that most of my female friends are under 6'. See, if I really was a height-snob, I wouldn't have any short friends. Take that!

Also for the record: I am not complaining about my height. I'm constantly helping people put their luggage in the overhead bins on the airplane or reaching canned goods from the top shelf for little old ladies in the supermarket ... and I am happy doing it. I see it as my civil duty. Kind of like an ambassador of tall people (if Angelina Jolie can be the UN Goodwill Ambassador, then I can be an ambassador for tall people.)

Where am I going with this nonsense???

Oh yes. Now I remember.

Here in Argentina, I am unusually taller than most people. I am constantly the tallest guy at the bars and dance clubs (not to mention that there are pretty much no Asians or hapa people in this city). I constantly have to watch my head when I enter older buildings and a lot of things are built for shorter people. I have to bend my head a lot to fit under the shower and I'm always hunched over the kitchen sink since the counter tops are a bit shorter than what I'm used to. Just tonight, Gavin said that I need to stand on an "Un-box" or even better .. he was going to dig a little whole for me to stand in as I do the dishes.

Oh the price I pay for being tall.

No comments: