Saturday, January 05, 2008

Thanksgiving in Hilo

Thanksgiving has got to be one of my favorite holidays of the year (I also love Halloween, Memorial Day, Labor Day and Arbor Day). Who doesn't love a day where you can eat yourself into a coma? Come on! What's not to love? In addition to the eating, I also love football and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Oh the good times!

This year, Gav and I flew to Hilo to spend Thanksgiving with my family. My father cooked us a great meal and it was outstanding. The turkey was the star of the dinner, and it was outstanding. My father used a recipe that he read in the New York Times and brined the turkey for 4 hours before cooking it. It was moist and delicious.


Gav, Julia, Kailee, Mom, Dad & Ipo


Mom & Dad (and an unfinshed pineapple upsidedown cake)


Chaos at the dinner table.


Hilo ice-shave. Gotta love it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: