Monday, March 13, 2006

Friends

I enjoy meeting people and I really value a good friend. Over the years, I have been incredibly blessed to have wonderful people fill my life.

I also love technology. It has allowed me to meet people in other places and maintain a friendship with them. What did we do before email or mobile phones? Did we actually write letters, put a stamp on it and wait a week or so for it to get to its destination? (Have you ever tried mailing a letter from Honolulu to Manchester, England?)

This blog post is dedicated to those friends of mine who live in other cities or countries around the world. Friends who enrich my life and who I care a lot about, but don't get to see them on a regular basis. Friends who I know will be awake when I come home drunk in the middle of the night or those buddies of mine who celebrate holidays the day before I do, due to the international date line.

I love my friends and I love technology.

'nuff said

No comments: