Monday, March 13, 2006

Sydney Mardi Gras. Part III

I can't lie. I am smack-dab in the middle of a post-holiday hangover. Gav and I had the time of our lives in Australia and now that we're back home, we're wishing that we were back in Sydney! (Don't get me wrong, Hawaii is not a bad place to be, but while we were in Sydney we didn't have to work, we ate like kings, and partied like rock stars!)

We say farewell to Sydney with a few pictures from our last few days in this wonderful city!


This is a picture of our hotel room at the Medusa upon check in. We stayed at this fabulous boutique hotel in Darlinghurst last year and had an amazing time. I recommend it for anyone who visits Sydney. The staff is outstanding!


Keau, Jason (London) and Ash (Sydney) posing in one of the bars on Oxford Street.


Gav, Keau, Alixx (Seattle) and Rich (NYC) on the powerboat in Sydney Harbour.


Gav and Ash's car (with Ash's leg). Taken right before the Mardi Gras Parade.


The 2006 Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Parade.


Our view from Jason's 3rd floor balcony overlooking the parade route. It was the best view money couldn't buy!


I guess Dyke's on Bikes are universal around the world for leading the parades, huh?


The Marching Boys.


Let's just say that since it was as evening parade, it was quite difficult to get quality crowd shots.


I'm just glad that I didn't have to clean this mess.


Gav, Keau, Ash, Jason, Rich & Alixx. Taken right before the Mardi Gras Party.


Unfortunately, they didn't allow any cameras into the Mardi Gras Party, but let me tell you that it was crazy! I can't begin to describe the feeling of dancing with 20,000 other people to some of the music and laser light shows around. This pic was taken at about 7am. I think we look rather good for being so wasted! :)


Gavin and I at "The Gap" near Watson's Bay.


Gavin under the Sydney Harbour Bridge.


Mark and Gav.


The Powerhouse Museum in Sydney, had "Kylie - An Exhibit" on display. It was nothing short of amazing. If you are a Kylie fan, I recommend seeing this exhibit. It showcases actual costumes that she wore in various videos, movies and concerts, as well as photos from different eras throughout her career. I was in heaven.


Gav and I went for a walk around Sydney on our last day. I finally got my picture taken in front of the opera house.

No comments: