Thursday, June 15, 2006

I Left My Heart in San Francisco

San Francisco

"I left my heart in San Francisco, high on a hill it calls to me.

To be where little cable cars climb halfway to the stars.

The morning fog may chill the air, I don't care.

My love waits there in San Francisco, above the blue and windy sea,

When I come home to you, San Francisco, your golden sun will shine for me."

In my opinion, San Francisco is one of the United State's most beautiful and vibrant cities. Home to cable cars, fresh seafood, giant hills and liberal and progressive culture. San Francisco is also where my brother lives, so that automatically gives it ultra cool brownie points!

We invaded Dustin and my brother's house for close to two weeks and explored as much of this wonderful city as possible ... from Chinatown to the Castro and Twin Peaks to Golden Gate Park.

Pedestrians in the Castro. (Unlike other West Coast US cities, it's easy to get around without a car.)

San Francisco's skyline.

World Famous Golden Gate Bridge.



Terumi and me striking a pose.


The crew exploring Richmond's Chinatown.

One of the many hills that make up the city.

You should always be wary of what lurks in the bushes.

Alcatraz Island.

On a sunny day, we took my brother's hawk kite to the park.

Gavin with the kite in a field of wildflowers.


If you're going to San Francisco, make sure to wear some flowers in your hair.

Watch out Gavin! The hawk will attack!

San Francisco's Chinatown.

Kai, Dustin & Teru on BART.


A picture perfect view of the city and Oakland from Dolores Park.

No comments: