Friday, October 06, 2006

The Naturist Beach

On our second day in Barcelona, Gavin wanted to check out the beaches and swim in the Mediterranean Sea, so he did some research and found a beach for us to check out. After a short 15 minute trip via the Metro we found ourselves near the water, but we had to hike about half a mile to the actual beach. I wondered to myself why the beach was so difficult to access and then we suddenly found out why: Gavin had brought us to a nude beach without knowing it.

I was not prepared for what I saw when I turned the corner. I know what most of you are thinking … Wow! A nude beach in the Mediterranean. Hot! Well, it wasn’t. It was filled with leather skinned old people who looked like walking Hermes handbags! Luckily for us, there was a younger section of the beach and getting naked wasn’t compulsory so we got comfortable (not that comfortable) and enjoyed the warm October weather in Barcelona.

Oh yeah, Gavin had fun in the warm Mediterranean Sea too.


This is as close as I dared pull the camera out.


If you look closely, you can see a few naked bodies.



Barcelona Day 2
Oct 6, 2006 - 5 Photos
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: