Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter at Dolores Park

San Francisco is my kind of town! Only in San Francisco would you celebrate Easter by boozing with 1,000 of your closest friends while watching the Hunky Jesus Contest in a public park. This past Sunday, Gavin and I spent the afternoon with, what felt like, 1/2 of the city at Dolores Park (quite possibly the best urban park in the history of the world) for an afternoon of socializing and merriment.

I really appreciate the hands-off approach of law enforcement in this city. Nobody gets hassled for drinking in the park (or smoking a wee bit), but in return everyone pitches in and the space is shared by the community. Park goers pick up after themselves and nobody really misbehaves, which is amazing considering the amount of alcohol and controlled substances that were consumed. I was impressed that there were no altercations and everyone was on their best behavior. I guess in a city like this, people just want to have fun. Man ... I love SF.


Cheers girls.


Easter is the best!


There were a ton of people at the park!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: